need fabulous chocolate ganache frosting?
Chocolate ganache frosting may just be the greatest discovery ever!
Ganache is super easy to make and so versatile. You can use a double boiler if you like, but since I'm lazy I use a microwave. Now it's super easy to whip up a little magic any time you like.
Just imagine White Chocolate Ganache Frosting on delicate Perfect Lemon Cake cupcakes stacked in tiers for an easy and beautiful wedding cake idea!
You can use milk, dark or white chocolate but remember, the better the chocolate, the better finished product. So spend the extra bucks and get the best you can afford its really worth it!
ganache - chocolate ganache frosting
yield: about 3 ½ cups of chocolate ganache frosting (thats enough to generously cover a 9" cake).
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 16 ounces chocolate, finely chopped
1. put cream in a microwave safe glass bowl and heat on high for 2-3 minutes, until just about to boil.
2. put chocolate in a medium sized glass bowl and pour hot cream over.
3. let sit for a minute or two then stir with a wooden spoon until completely smooth.
101 uses for chocolate ganache frosting...well, almost!
as a fabulous shiny glaze
Glazing your cakes is a really easy way to get a spectacular presentation. A glaze is just a thin, shiny coating that's poured over the cake and sets to a gorgeous smooth finish.
2. Put your cake on a rack over a pan and pour the warm ganache over until it covers the top and sides.
2. It will set to a beautiful smooth coating.
as a thick rich frosting
This is for the real chocoholics among us. If you like your chocolate coating a little thicker than a glaze, then this is for you!
1. just refrigerate the ganache until thickened but not set (check every 15 minutes).
2. spread it like regular frosting.
as Fabulous Truffle decorations
These make fantastic gifts and beautiful decorations for simple, elegant dessert cakes.
1. add a splash of your favorite liqueur to the basic ganache recipe.
2. refrigerate until firm
3. scoop out using a teaspoon or melon baller and roll into balls.
4. roll the balls in powdered sugar, cocoa or chopped nuts.
Flavoring Your Ganache
The flavor possibilities are endless. Just add a splash of your favorite liqueur for instant sophistication. Or any pure extract like mint or coconut for a surprising twist to your frostings. Experiment and youll come up with dozens of new flavor combinations to try!
keep the excitement going
Never be short of a great cake idea at a moment's notice.
Sign up for the "Too Nice To Slice" newsletter and get fantastic insider tips, tricks and out of the box cake decorating ideas delivered right to your inbox.
share the love
If you like what you see, why not share this site with your friends? There's always something new baking around here.
Glad you stopped by. Enjoy your visit!