fondant recipe that doesn't require a mixer?
(auckland new zealand)
How do I make fondant without a mixer?
And do you have any fondant recipes without marshmallows?
From the editor:
Here's a fondant recipe I've used several times, that doesn't require a mixer:
2 pounds powdered sugar (900 grams icing sugar)
2 egg whites
1/4 cup light corn syrup (100 grams glucose syrup)
1. Put powdered sugar in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
2. Pour the egg whites and corn syrup in to the well and mix with your hands or a large wooden spoon.
3. Keep mixing in more and more sugar until you can't incorporate any more, then heat in the microwave on medium for about 15 seconds.
4. Knead the rest of the sugar in and microwave for another 15 seconds on medium heat.
5. Knead the fondant until smooth and not sticky or dry. Keep well wrapped at room temperature for two to three days or in the fridge for up to two weeks.
This recipe makes about 2 pounds, or enough to cover a 10" round cake.
looking for something in particular?
If you want to find something in a hurry? No Problem. Find the answers you need here:
still have questions?
If you still have any questions about baking, assembling or decorating a cake, ask them here!
keep the excitement going
Never be short of a great cake idea at a moment's notice.
Sign up for the "Too Nice To Slice" newsletter and get fantastic
insider tips, tricks and out of the box cake decorating ideas delivered
right to your inbox.
share the love
If you like what you see, why not share this site with your friends? There's always something new baking around here.