How can I recreate TGI Friday's Chocolate Fudge Fixation cake?
by Joanna Paul
I am absolutely in love with the Chocolate Fudge Fixation cake that TGI Friday's sells and was wondering if you could tell me how to make it? I know how to make a basic fudge cake but it's the fudge cream filling in particular that I would like to recreate. I saw your recipe for chocolate fudge buttercream; is it possible to make the filling just by omitting the chocolate or are there additional ingredients I require?
Hope you can help me - I'd be over the moon if I was able to make this by myself!
From the editor:
I think this recipe for caramel ganache might be just what you're looking for. Try it and see if it hits the spot:
1/2 cup cream
3/4 cup sugar
8 ounces (250g) milk or dark chocolate
1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. Boil the cream and set aside to in a warm spot.
2. Combine sugar and lemon juice in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat and whisk well.
3. Keep stirring as the sugar melts. It hould go from clear to a light brown color, about 7-10 minutes.
4. Add 1/2 hot cream to the caramel and stir to combine.
5. Carefully add the remaining cream and let the mixture cool for about five minutes.
6. Return the saucepan to the heat and whisk until smooth.
7. Pour the hot caramel over the chocolate and let it sit, undisturbed, for 3-5 minutes.
8. Stir the ganache slowly, starting in the center of the bowl and continuing outwards. You'll see the mix change from sort of grainy looking to a smooth, glossy finish. That's when you know you're done stirring.
9. Let it cool on the counter until it's room temperature and you will have spreadable caramel ganache.
looking for something in particular?
If you want to find something in a hurry? No Problem. Find the answers you need here:
still have questions?
If you still have any questions about baking, assembling or decorating a cake, ask them here!
keep the excitement going
Never be short of a great cake idea at a moment's notice.
Sign up for the "Too Nice To Slice" newsletter and get fantastic
insider tips, tricks and out of the box cake decorating ideas delivered
right to your inbox.
share the love
If you like what you see, why not share this site with your friends? There's always something new baking around here.