Need a great 'Olivia The Pig cake' idea?
This Olivia The Pig Cake is one super cute character when it comes to kids cakes. Inviting this little sun-bathing diva to your next birthday party is sure to make you the star of the show!
You'll need to bake one 9" x 13" cake and one small bowl cake. Use a bowl with about a 5" diameter if you have one.
It's a simple cut and stack technique that's easy and fun to do. You don't need tons of special equipment or years of experience to get lots of oohs and aahs with this little piggy cake.
And don't forget to pick up some cute, .
If you have any questions about anything you've seen here, I'm always happy to help. Just ask!
Just want to find something in a hurry? No Problem. Find the answers you need here:
looking for something in particular?
If you want to find something in a hurry? No Problem. Find the answers you need here:
search this site
still have questions?
If you still have any questions about baking, assembling or decorating a cake, ask them here!
ingredients for the perfect Pig Cake Cake
- cakes - Lemon Pound Cake is always good
- filling - Lemon Mint Buttercream is amazing
- 1 batch of buttercream
- red gel food color
- black piping gel
- ginger snap, or similar, cookie crumbs
- picture of olivia the pig
- cake plate or board to hold finished cake
first steps to A Perfect Pig Cake
- bake the cakes and cool completely.
- with a toothpick, draw the shape of your pig on the 9" x 13" cake, using the picture of olivia as a guide and cut out with a small serrated knife.
- place the small bowl cake on the tummy area of your pig and secure with some buttercream
- cut some triangle pieces from the cake scraps and stack two or three to make the snout, using buttercream to glue them together.
- add a crumb coat - this is a very thin coat of un-tinted frosting you apply to 'set' the crumbs.
- refrigerate the cake(s) for an hour or so to let the crumb coat set.
Pig Cake assembly
- divide the buttercream in to two bowls, with about 1 cup in one and the rest in the other.
- Tint the smaller amount red and leave the other white.
- with a toothpick draw lines in the crumb coat to show where Olivia's swimsuit is.
- use a small angled spatula to fill in the swimsuit with red buttercream.
- fill in the rest of the cake with white buttercream.
- outline the cake and fill in the details on the face, hands and feet with the piping gel , as shown.
- use a spoon or small spatula to sprinkle cookie crumbs all around the cake, as shown.
You're done! Now go get a well deserved cup of coffee and sit back for a few minutes to admire your handiwork. Remember to take a picture while your masterpiece still looks perfect.
let's throw a pig party
Got a great Pig Cake? Check. Now all you need for a memorable party is some fun, co-ordinating party supplies.
You can find everything you need right here. Check it out:
keep the excitement going
Never be short of a great cake idea at a moment's notice.
Sign up for the "Too Nice To Slice" newsletter and get fantastic insider tips, tricks and out of the box cake decorating ideas delivered right to your inbox.
share the love
If you like what you see, please bookmark this site and share it with your friends. I'm always adding new ideas!
Glad you stopped by. Enjoy your visit!