Need a great soccer Cake idea?
home>>sports cakes>>soccer cake
For a Soccer Cake with a unique twist, try this chunk of the soccer field with the Soccer ball still resting in it.
Its just as striking made up as a tiny six inch cake for a small party or stacked high in tiers big enough to feed three teams!
This design is super simple and lends itself well to any type of cake, but if you havent tried this amazing Pound Cake yet youre really missing out!
And don't forget to pick up some great, co-ordinating party supplies
If you have any questions about anything you've seen here, I'm always happy to help. Just ask!
Just want to find something in a hurry? No Problem. Find the answers you need here:
looking for something in particular?
If you want to find something in a hurry? No Problem. Find the answers you need here:
search this site
still have questions?
If you still have any questions about baking, assembling or decorating a cake, ask them here!
ingredients for the perfect soccer cake
- Cake - Choc Chip Pound Cake is fabulous
- Filling you cant go wrong with Cookies & Cream Filling
- 1 batch of buttercream
- sky blue, yellow, and brown gel food color
- Green candy melts
- Cake scraps from leveling the layers
- Chocolate shavings or chocolate cookie crumbs
- A black candywriter
- ziploc sandwich bags
first steps to a successful soccer cake
- bake the cakes and cool completely.
- level the cakes and split each into two layers horizontally.
- fill and assemble each cake on a separate cake circle and secure with a dollop of frosting to stop it from sliding around.
- add a crumb coat - this is a very thin coat of un-tinted buttercream you apply to 'set' the crumbs.
- refrigerate the cakes while you make the Chocolate grass decorations.
making Chocolate Grass
- melt the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each interval, until completely melted.
- using the back of a spoon, smear some strips of melted chocolate about 1/8 inch thick on to a piece of wax paper, as shown (below left).
- let set for about 30 minutes then, using a large knife, cut randomly across the strip of chocolate to make small shards, as shown (below right). It?s that simple ? now you have grass!
making The Soccer Ball
- take the cake scraps you saved and smoosh them (very technical term!) into an ice-cream scoop to make each half of the ball.
- join the halves with frosting and frost the complete ball with white buttercream.
Soccer Cake assembly
- divide the buttercream in to two bowls.
- Tint one bowl light brown and the other one medium green.
- frost the top of your Cake(s) with the Green frosting.
- Frost the sides of your cake(s) with Light Brown frosting.
- place your Baseball Cake on to a plate or board now and secure with double-sided taoe to stop it slipping around.
- take a spoon or a small spatula and press the chocolate shavings or cookie crumbs all around the sides in a thick layer.
- stack the smaller cake on the larger cake, securing it with a dollop of frosting.
- snip a bottom corner from your ziploc bag and pipe a ring of frosting where the two cakes join, as shown below, to hold the grass shards upright.
- randomly place the chocolate shards into the frosting ring in varying heights and groups to form the grass.
- put a few clumps of grass on the top of the cake for the ball to rest in.
- position the ball where you want it in the cake, as shown, and using either your Black Candywriter or Black buttercream, pipe octagons and joining lines to finish off your Soccer ball.
You're done! Now go get a well deserved cup of coffee and sit back for a few minutes to admire your handiwork. Remember to take a picture while your masterpiece still looks perfect.
let's throw a soccer party
Got a great Soccer Cake? Check. Now all you need for a memorable party is some fun, co-ordinating party supplies.
You can find everything you need right here. Check it out:
keep the excitement going
Never be short of a great cake idea at a moment's notice.
Sign up for the "Too Nice To Slice" newsletter and get fantastic insider tips, tricks and out of the box cake decorating ideas delivered right to your inbox.
share the love
If you like what you see, please bookmark this site and share it with your friends. I'm always adding new ideas!
Glad you stopped by. Enjoy your visit!