What is shortening ?

by Nicola

I live in the UK and have never heard of shortening do u know of another name that it might go under in the UK,thanks Nic

Comments for What is shortening ?

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Aug 03, 2009
by: Tallgirl

It's Margarine Hun!

I use Clover.... works a treat


Jun 22, 2009
Other Names For Shortening
by: Michelle (admin)

Hi Nic,

In Australia shortening is known as Copha, so it could be the same in the UK. If you can't find it, you can totally replace any shortening with butter.

Michelle (editor)

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Questions About Decorating a Cake.

looking for something in particular?

If you want to find something in a hurry? No Problem. Find the answers you need here:

search this site

Custom Search

still have questions?

If you still have any questions about baking, assembling or decorating a cake, ask them here!

keep the excitement going

Never be short of a great cake idea at a moment's notice.

Sign up for the "Too Nice To Slice" newsletter and get fantastic insider tips, tricks and out of the box cake decorating ideas delivered right to your inbox.




Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you 'Too Nice To Slice'.

share the love

If you like what you see, why not share this site with your friends? There's always something new baking around here.