These Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes are one of the cutest ideas ever! They make a perfect kids birthday cake
The meringue ‘ice cream’ gives these cupcakes the real ice cream cone look without all the mess.
Unlike using frosting to achieve the look, the meringue won’t melt, make a mess or morph any of your toddler guests into sugar monsters!
Don’t let the kids have all the fun – serve these up as dessert at your next cocktail party and watch the smiles appear!
to complete your party theme…
Check out these great, co-ordinating party supplies:
- 1st birthday party supplies
- Luau party supplies
- Summer BBQ party supplies
kids birthday cake – ice cream cone cupcakes
Meringue ‘ice cream’ for the top of your cones – make this the night before
- 3 large egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- Piping bag or gallon size Ziploc bag
- cake – half a recipe of Lemon White Cake is perfect
- Filling – one box of your favorite instant pudding mix
- 16 cake type ice cream cones (flat bottomed)
- about 2 cups of white buttercream
- gallon sized Ziploc bags or disposable decorating bags
- A mellon baller, if you have one